Everlong Financial offers ongoing portfolio management services based on your individual goals, objectives, time horizon, and risk tolerance. I create an Investment Policy Statement for you, which outlines your current situation (income, tax levels, and risk tolerance levels). The Investment Policy Statement serves as a document of understanding between you and Everlong Financial as to how the portfolio will be managed. Accordingly, changes to your financial plan may require an adjustment to the Investment Policy Statement. Investment management services include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Investment Strategy
- Asset Allocation
- Risk Tolerance
- Personal Investment Policy
- Asset Selection
- Regular Portfolio Monitoring
I evaluate your current investments with respect to your risk tolerance levels and time horizon. I will request discretionary authority from you in order to select securities and execute transactions without permission from you prior to each transaction. Risk tolerance levels are documented in the Investment Policy Statement.
Investment decisions are made in accordance with the fiduciary duties owed to its accounts and without consideration of Everlong Financial's economic, investment, or other financial interests. To meet this fiduciary obligation, I attempt to avoid, among other things, investment or trading practices that systematically advantage or disadvantage certain client portfolios, and accordingly, my policy is to seek fair and equitable allocation of investment opportunities and transactions among all clients to avoid favoring one client over another.
Everlong Financial will review your portfolio, at a minimum, on a quarterly basis. If after reviewing the portfolio I determine that a trade is required, I will place that trade to align the portfolio to the target allocation identified in the Investment Policy Statement. When funds are added or withdrawn from the portfolio, I will use these occurrences as an opportunity to review and, potentially, rebalance the portfolio as required.
Everlong Financial believes in straight-forward, honest relationships. I tell it like it is instead of setting unrealistic expectations. Here is my investment philosophy so you know what to expect:
- Investing is for long-term goals; saving is for short-term needs.
- Broad diversification, with exposure to all parts of the stock and bond markets, reduces risk.
- The structure of the portfolio (known as asset allocation) is more important than the underlying individual investments of the portfolio.
- Consistently outperforming the financial markets is extremely difficult and not to be expected.
- Costs matter - minimizing cost is vital for long-term investment success.
- Risk and return are related - to achieve a higher return, an investor must accept greater market fluctuations and volatility.
- Market-timing and performance-chasing are losing strategies.
- An investor should not expect future long-term returns to be significantly higher or lower than long-term historical returns.